TEARDROP ACCESS CONSULTATION – GIVE YOUR VIEW!
The public is asked for comments on alternative access routes into York Central site. There are two proposals for a road from Water End and one from Holgate Road near The Fox pub. See http://www.yorkcentral.info/access-options/
The official York Central partnership (consisting of the Council, National Railway Museum, Network Rail and Homes and Communities Agency) is currently going ahead with their access consultation and we urge everyone to participate.
York Central Action feels that we need to know more:
- What is the big picture for developing the York Central site?
- What are the implications for health and wellbeing? We are concerned about air quality.
- What are the relative costs of the different access routes?
- What are the impacts on the Holgate Community Garden and Millennium Green?
It looks, on balance, as though the option called ‘Western 01’ has, overall, the least detrimental effect on these community assets. The Western 01 road would largely run alongside the Millennium Green, as opposed to through the middle of it (Western 02) or involve the destruction of the Holgate Community Garden (Southern option). But we urge everyone to examine the different options and decide for themselves. See http://www.yorkcentral.info/access-options/
The partnership organised four consultation events at which members of their team can answer question and there are still two to go:
- Explore Library, Library Square, Museum Street Noon – 4:00pm, Saturday 2 September
- Duchess of Hamilton Suite, National Railway Museum, Leeman Road Noon – 4:00pm, Saturday 9 September 2017
Or respond online via visit the official website and fill in the consultation form on www.yorkcentral.info
DEADLINE! The consultation finishes on Wednesday 13 September 2017 at 5.00 pm